Updates and photos for our family and friends

25.5.05

2005 Prague International Marathon, May 22

Since the marathon was on Sunday, Britt and I were able to get to Prague a little early and take it easy. We were able to see friends and visit our favorite spots in the city. We were pleasantly surprised by the Hotel Monica. It was located a little outside of the city center, in a cute neighborhood with great views. We were even lucky enough to have ANOTHER U.K. stag party follow us there. Oh well.

Race day couldn't have been more beautiful. I was glad I didn't have any weird joint pains, which had been bothering me during training, and so I was able to meet my goal time of 4:30. In fact, I hit it right on the nose and I wasn't even wearing a watch! I did check my splits and I progressivly got faster and faster, which was kind of cool since by the end a whole lot of people were walking.

Afterwards, however, I felt TERRIBLE. Britt was kind enough to help me up and down flights of stairs and be one heck of a coach.

So, who's coming with me on the next one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home