Updates and photos for our family and friends

15.12.04

Lubeck, December 5

Lubeck is famous for two things; marzipan and its Christmas market.

Along with our friends Stephanie and Travis, we went to Lubeck to see if this town really lived up to its marzipan/incredible market reputation.

YES, yes it does.

Their Christmas market was HUGE and sold all sorts of crafts you'd never really want to buy, but were fun to look at nonetheless. There was one craft booth that sold toilet brushes, and they weren't even festive toilet brushes, just regular old toilet brushes. I found that rather odd, but hey, maybe it's a tradition I am unaware of.

We visited the Lubeck marzipan museum, where they had life size sculptures of all these people I'd never heard of...but in MARZIPAN! It was neat even if I didn't know who I was looking at. The marzipan shaped like fruit was much more my speed. - Melinda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home